07 December 2013

Christmas Past, Christmas Present, and Christmas Future

This time of year I can't help but think about Christmases past, and always with a fondness.  I've spent Christmas in countries all around the world, especially when I was in the military.  This year I've decided to share Christmas through my needlework.
 
Christmas Past
 
Each year I make ornaments, whether they be to exchange with a stitching friend, or for family to disguise a gift card.  Unfortunately, many of the ornaments I've made have been given away without my taking a picture of them.  I get so caught up in the excitement of wrapping them up and sending them off.  But, here's a few that I've found photos of...




 
 
And, a couple other items that hang around the house this time of year...
 

 
And of course, we mustn't forget hubby's stocking!
 
 
I didn't realize that I'd stitched up so many Christmas items...
 
Christmas Present
 
This year I was determined to finish up a holiday sampler, and I found one that worked up so quickly.  This Lizzie Kate design was perfect!
 
 
It's all framed up now, and ready to take it's place with the rest of the decorations!
 
Our EGA chapter, the Chicora Stitchers, had our annual Christmas luncheon today, and the ornament exchange is always a big hit.
 
 
This is the ornament that I made, a design from Thea Dueck of Victoria Sampler.  This pattern was in the 2013 Just Cross Stitch Ornament issue, so I knew I just had to stitch it up!  Pat Callahan, our Queen of All Things Gingerbread, was the recipient.
 
 
This is the ornament that I received from Connie Hunt.  The stitching is so tiny; it's done on 18 ct. or smaller!  Beautiful stitching!!
 
I have one more ornament done for this year, but I won't be exchanging it until later on this month, so I can't share it yet...
 
Christmas Future
 
Yes, I've already got projects in progress, or WIPs (works in progress) - Surprise! Surprise!  One of them I started a few days ago, and the other I started a few years ago...
 
 
Heirloom Christmas Sampler, by Thea Dueck of Victoria Sampler...  This is only about 1/4 - 1/3 completed, and could take me still quite a bit longer to finish.  It's a stunning design, but that tree is proving to be my nemesis!!
 
 
This is the very beginning of the letter W, in what will eventually be a Welcome banner with a snowman accompanying each letter.  Stoney Creek offered this as a free pattern-of-the-month series.
 
As for other future designs for Christmas, so far I've got one other project planned (and kitted up) - Country Cottage Needlework Santa's Village.
 
It looks like 2014 is going to keep me busy!
 
Oh!  I've also got a few Halloween projects in mind, but that's an entirely different blog...
 
I hope y'all have a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Holidays!!
 
Thanks for dropping by!

1 comment:

  1. Just all the ornaments...especially the gingerbread and Mr.Mrs Santa and of course the Christmas tree too...

    Hugs
    Usha

    ReplyDelete