09 May 2012

Postage Stamp Quilt Along

The NNC group is doing a postage stamp quilt along!!  Everybody has been busy cutting up squares of fabric, strips of fabric, or just taking the easy way out and buying two jelly rolls like me!!

Well... I'm not one to totally do things the easy way...  No, I'm making THREE postage stamp quilts!!  And yes, I'm using the jelly rolls for all three, whew!  Here's a photo of the jelly rolls for one of the quilts:

 

The jelly roll on the left is from the Red White and Bold Moda fabrics, about 4 or 5 years ago.  The roll on the right is Natural Bella Solids.
Here's another view of this funky fabric, just one of many crazy prints in the line:


This quilt is destined for a teenaged boy... Hopefully it will be funky enough for him...

I was wondering how I was going to keep three quilts separated so that I wouldn't sew the wrong strips together.  One day I was looking at the quilt rack in our bedroom, and guess what!  It works perfectly for... you got it!  My quilt strips!  See...

 

MW has given us a month to get all of our strips sewn together, and then to start cutting new strips...  Stay posted to the progress...

Thanks for dropping by!
Diane

3 comments:

  1. Gasp! You're making three?! :) The jelly's look so yummy, especially the lime (?) green. All three will turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use the rack! I am going to remove mine from the bathroom and take it to the sewing cornrt and hang up my strips like you! Yeah, great colours you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And no, I don't keep a quilt rack n the bathroom, it's the towel rack! Hahaha. And it's ' sewing corner' not 'cornrt'.

    ReplyDelete